Tuesday, August 22

Travel Diary Montreal - Chapter 2. Esther Williams - eat yo heart out darl!



I recall sitting in my living room at the merry old age of 19 watching Hayley Lewis win gold in Auckland at the 1990 Commonwealth games. I thought to myself, one day I'm going to meet her and tell her what an inspiration she is, as i got off the couch, put my cigarette out, put my beer down and went and had a nap. It was a few years later, whilst doing laps, that I remembered what an inspiration she actually was to me.



This is me getting ready for my 200m Individual Medley for which I got DQ'd (and thats not a reference to Dairy Queen).

OK so I never got to meet Hayley, but I did get to spend a few nice hours with Nicole Livingstone at a dinner, and meet Shane Gould at a party once, and heck I've now swum in 2 gay games (well one gay games and one outgames). All of these things have been awesome. And the cherry on top of all of this was getting to spend a week with my Glamourhead Sharks friends at the outgames in Montreal. So many of them were inspirational, especially in the outsplash, but mostly by their spectacular performances in the pool.



This is me and Deb, gold gold gold. What a little gold digger she turned out to be...

Anyway, I did manage to do 3 PB's at the games. I did a 27.88 for the 50 free, a PB in the 50 back, after 10 minutes sleep from the night before and a PB in the 200 free in a relay in 2.25.something. So Im pretty chuffed, and now have 4 bronze medals hanging in my kitchen.



I also made some really nice friends poolside, a cute guy from Manchester, and a sweet man from Montreal. Its a week at the pool I wont forget in a hurry.



Then came the OUTSPLASH! competition. This was undoubtably the highlight of the swim meet (well there was one other thing that I think I enjoyed more, but me mum might be reading this). Guess what my role was


check out

http://results.montreal2006.org/resultats_en.aspx?lang=_en

And you thought 1000 gays and lesbians in a pool was enough. Darl, its never enough.

mrs pussy
xx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home