Friday, December 29

And you thought YOU were wierd.

Anyone who knows me, would know that I am haberdashery crazy. In fact, for the past 10 years or so, I have always had at least one, and more often than not, half a dozen knitting projects on the go simultaneously. And they say multi tasking is for the sheilas.

I think it has something to do with my hippy Steiner education; I knew how to needlepoint Elizabethan period costumes before I could read for heavens sake. So now, I always get an intense feeling of calm when fondling the chosen woven.

Before I left Melbourne, one of the gay papers did a full page spread on my little infatuation; I was one in a series of features on freakish fag fetishes, or overtly obscure obsessions. If I recall correctly, the articles were titled "check out these guys! and you thought YOU were wierd...." Needless to say, because it was a national paper, I was recognised from pillar to post, I even had a 'lady who shaves' chat me up in a bar in Sydney, desperate to wear my knitted cuddly crown. BTW if you ever visit my house, then you are allowed to wear it. It's nice.

Apart from the collection of cuddly royal regalia that I posess, thanks to a wonderful book of patterns found by my friend Miss Lady Bunny McKoy on EBAY, I also for some reason, decided to knit a whole pantheon of sweaters for my iPod. I think I have about 60 of them. Why? I really cant say. Other than that my iPod deserves fashion, just a much as the next guy.

I also seem to have about 20 crocheted and knitted scarves from pink, to orange, green, black, blue, yellow and back to pink. In these chilly London winter days, I am very very happy that I have them, indeed.

But today I crossed a new line in the sand, or should I say, slipped one passed one over and knitted back into the last 2 stitches. Being that it is my birthday, and being that I needed alittle cheering up from my horrendous hangover (thanks James, Paul and Pete), I took myself off again to the haberdashery section of Liberty where I purchased for the princely sum of £65, a victorian needlepoint cushion for me to make. Its alovely design, and it'll keep me busy for ages and ages, and I'm very excited to get it started.

So you thought YOU were wierd. Can wait to tell Siobhan. We're going to go to the haberdashery mega world soon. Then I'll never leave home again.

Tell me, is it just WAY TOO GAY for me to start needlepoint?

And can anyone tell me why Blogger wont let me post pictures anymore? Blogger has become SHIT since it went all BETA then made us all change back. I have spent too much neeedlepoint time frigging around with it. FIX IT BLOGGER!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CyberPete said...

Happy birthday!

I love your royal regalia so I'm saying go on with the needlepoint. It'll be fabulous I'm sure

So happy I'm on blogdrive

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home