Thursday, January 4

I resolve, therefore I am.

A few years ago, when I was young and pretty, and co-habiting with some disastrous hygeine phobic monster from the pits of hell, I vowed that I would never grow old and cynical, like the tired old drag monsters that lurk in dark corners in tired old gay haunts, nor would I ever become disenchanted with the idea of falling in love. And that I would wash regularly and always have clean bits.

Every now and then, I fall pray to these wild illusions that I am going to do this or that, make my life better or worse, sometimes with success (moved to London, didn't I?) and sometimes with failure (still smoking after 30..). So I have never really been one to worry about new year's resolutions. Usually I am so slaughtered by the festivities of Christmas, my birthday and new year's in the one week, not to mention the build up of one million christmas parties through december, that I just vow to stop doing everything, and dive into a tank of evian and hope the minerals will look after me.

But this year, since I did sweet f all over the period, and I'm feeling all sanctimonious and full of rightiousness, I'm going to admit to having thought about it, and hence, dear reader, I am about to regale you with my list of things I am vowing to commit to attempting to try and do.

It goes a little sumptin'like this:

1. Quit smoking for good.
2. Drink more water
3. Eat my food more slowly, thereby not scoffing so much in
4. Get more sleep
5. Be more fabulous (that's a hard one)
6. Do one thing for me every day ie: see something I havn't seen before; make a plan to go somewhere I havn't been before: go somewhere I havn't been before
7. Eat 5 serves of fruit and vegetables a day
8. Swim at least twice a week
9. Quit the chicken cottage
10. Save more money and stop spending money on stupid crap (except pencils)

I could have tried and been rediculous, and resolved to, say, wear more tuille and chenille, join an eighties pop band appreciation(fan) club, or vowed to get myself into a 12 step programme, but thats just stupid. I already do all those things.

If this isn't a model for everyone to follow then quite frankly, I don't know what is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home