Friday, January 26

Lost

Ok, so why, after all these years of MISPLACING things, have I suddenly lost my umbrella?

Lets backtrack a few months, to the Keslakia family's trip to Paris for the weekend. A Paris, j'ai achete une paraplui de Tintin. I bought a tintin brolly in other words. It was the most sensational blue and grey brolly with little silhouettes (such a french word hey) of the boy and haddock in their various scenes in their stories where they were without paraplui.

So on the first occasion in London when I took the lovely thing out for a spin, I left it on a tube. All I can say to this is MERDE.

Why is it that we lose the things we love the most? loved ones, boyfriends, our figure, sanity, my limited edition Britney souvenir beer coaster...

I never lose my wallet. Thanks god. Or my Keys. Thank CHRIST. I do often lose my sense of reason at 4.00am after my 9th bottle of chablis. BUT NEVER MY UMBRELLA GOD DAMMNED IT!

Recently, i went to a scanky sports shop on TCR to purchase a water bottle for the gym. It was only £3 so i thought, well why not have 2. Within about 3 weeks I had lost them both!

So as a test. I am embarking on the most inane test of self control, designed to send me around the bend, no doubt, but to see if i can actually hold onto something, misplaced or no, for a period of time.

This is my manky water bottle test. I am going to see how long I can hold onto this water bottle - it will go with me everywhere, kind of like a tamagotchi, but without any of the stupid bleeping and death that will ensue if i stamp on it repeatedly. So watch this space. I will be keeping a virtual diary of my water bottle's progress. And like a tamagotchi, he shall have a name. For I shall call him Eugene.

And you thought this was going to be a blog about Matthew Fox, didn't you!?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fuckkit said...

Fill it with vodka. It'll make it easier to keep hold of.

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home