Friday, October 20

A back up plan.

I don't like to be unwell.

I seriously make a very poor patient. Usually in life, I tend to have a fairly long fuse except when any form of transportation is involved, a fact quite possibly a touch believable if you've been reading this blog for a while. You see, for most things in life I possess an inner calm that delicately envelopes my inner turmoil and rage, kind of like a layer of Baileys over a rather snappy Finlandia, or like that tasty processed cheese slice on a burger...mmmm.....burger.

Ok, so in an effort to retain my calm, I have decided to take the day off as a sick day. I got up bright and early, after a refreshing night's sleep, and was still a bit wobbly getting dressed. At the very sensible suggestion of my flatmate, I decided that really, a day of rest was probably the best thing for someone in my state. So on went the trakkie dacks and the favourite "Hooter's girls dig me" t-shirt, and the day of rest begun.

You see, over the last few days, even walking has become somewhat of a chore. On Wednesday, I had a meeting first thing, and made the error of sitting down (oh, what was I thinking!?) and then seriously couldn't get up. I don't know which was more embarrassing, having my collegue who sits next to me rubbing IBULEVE cream into my bottom in the glass meeting room in front of the whole office, or when he eventually had to wheel me back to my desk on my chair because I couldn't walk. So you can see, I'm fairly justified in not going in today, not so much because no one wants to see a cripple hobbling around the office like a half dead Janice Dickinson (is that tautology?), but because really I'm just too embarrassed to be seen.

One of the beneffits of stying home flat on your back is you get to watch mindless cable. We have NTL - the kind of "optusvision" of the UK. Its SHIT, we have no movie channels and all it plays all day is reruns of Hollyoaks and Angel. Seriously, the sci fi channel only plays Angel. Who EVER watched that?

So this morning, I implemented my sick day back up plan (boom boom). A few weeks ago, I purchased the box set of Battlestar Galactica series 2. Seriously good stuff. After I purchased the set, Peter watched the first 8 episodes whilst I played the Sims 2. I don't know why I got distracted by those pesky little Sims, it's just so adorable when you get the guys to flirt and then make out.

So I have a little catching up to do on Battlestar Galactica, and according to today's visual dear reader, you can see why this is not such a bad thing, cant you now?
mmm Jamie Bamber...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CyberPete said...

As much as I LOVE Sims 2, and having those little university guys making out, the view of Battlestar Galactica looks a whole lot more interesting.

Is there something like that in every episode?

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home