Saturday, March 3

Every breath you take


Oh my god.

I have few regrets about being too old or young to understand certain trends/cultural events that passed by me like the titanic in the night...

like

Elizabethan drama.
The Bay City Rollers
Transformers
My little Pony (though I have learned what all THAT fuss was about).

I would like to go on record to say that one thing that I regret about my age the MOST, is never, i mean NERVER EVER having the opportunity of seeing the POLICE in concert.

I absolutly love this group. There is so much naughtiness in every Sting lyric that he never really captured in his solo career 'free free, set them free.." (insert spazzo face here)...

My gorgeous and beautiful sister who is considerably older than I (sorry sis) was undoubtably resposible for my music choices early in life. Disco? uh huh. I remember singing along as a 3 year old to the Bothers Johnston from a vinyl on her record player in her bedroom. But mostly, I recall that she went to see the last ever conert of the Police at Narara, some dreadfully manky indie concert held in some paddock in NSW in the 80's.

So you can imagine my absolute delight that the Police have reformed for a concert tour. And they sound just as good. Who cares if Andy Summers is 64.

GOD I love it that I live in London. No chance they'd be coming to Melbourne then hey?

Sorry.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wagged a day off school in '79 or '80 to see the police at the old sydney showgrounds. We were right up the front, but Mark Leach had an asthma attack and got passed over the barrier by security. My folks still don't know to this day I wagged. Prosnetia of prosmonautia xxxx
PSB's are coming out to melb tho and bruce le bruce is taking me for my 40th at myer music bowl. woohoo!!!!!!!

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home