Thursday, March 8

Mince Pies

One of my favourite comedy sketches ever involved Magda Szubanski dressed as a big nasty bogan wench called Lynn Postlethwaite, sucking on a fag like it was her last, describing the mundane rubbish of her life.

"I am abssolutely runn of my feet, answering phones from ten till two, two days a week. I simply DO NOT HAVE THE TOOOIIME"

So tonight, Like Lynne, I'm sitting at the end of an exHAUSTING day, chatting to JANET about my veins..."

Like Lynne, I seem to be grabbing anything available to stuff down my gizzard and nibble on like some wag on pot, too frightened to be seen eating, too hungry to care.

SO in the fridge I seem to have found some mince pies. Thankfully I have beeen running and gymming this week so I seem to have eaten two.

Oh dear. There are two more to go......

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

actually love the off-sider was Carmel ( not Janet) I remember as I loved that sketch as I have a very large Aunt called Lynette or in Westralian speak - 'Aunnee Lynn' - who I think was inspiration for Magda...ciggy & bad makeup too!

X b

Ps - I have started a new role hence why I havew been slack with my blog...and Mardi Gras was a fizzle so there will be no entry!

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home