Wednesday, March 14

A bad dream

I wake up, it's a bad dream...

I have started exercising again in EARNEST.

It's MAINLY because I couldn't get the top button done on my Armani jeans.

OH, and because I'm going to Sitges in 2 weeks...

Fickle?

MOI?

But seriously, I am running 6 km every morning at the moment (3 times around Queen's park) and it's great. I have lost heaps.

Yesterday, I had the old iPod switched on my favourites, and on came Keane's "A bad dream", their latest single.

Whilst I laughed with irony about how I had just woken up from a dream where my parents and I lived in the house with the family from Malcolm in the Middle, I was moved by the lyrics of this song.

I often feel that I am more emotional when I have just woken up, on airoplanes, after a big dinner in a posh restaurant..and this was proven to myself as I found myself sobbing UNCONTROLLABLY, running along (it was really more a stagger) as I listened to the message of this song.

Imagine being a soldier in this stupid war. How would you feel if you didn't agree with it either?

We saw Keane in concert at Wembley Arena last week and they were amazing. These are the Lyrics...

A bad dream:

Why do I have to fly
Over every town, up and down the line.

I'll die in the clouds above
and you that I defend, I do not love.

I wake up
It's a bad dream
no one on my side
I was fighting
But I just feel too tired to be fighting
Guess Im not the fighting kind

Where will I meet my fate?
Baby I'm a man I was born to hate
And when will I meet my end?
In a better time you could be my friend

I wake up
It's a bad dream
no one on my side
I was fighting
But I just feel too tired to be fighting
Guess I'm not the fighting kind
Wouldn't mind it,
if you were by my side
but you're long gone,
yes you're long gone now.

Where do we go?
I dont even know.
My strange old face
And i'm thinking about those days
And i'm thinking about those days

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home