Thursday, June 14

All a twitter

It's early morning in old London town and I seem to be awake.

It's not because of the heavy meal I ate last night in celebration of the fella and I passing over into our 9th year together, nor is it about the bottle of Piper that we drank.

NO its because it's now summer, and with the lovely summer weather that comes along in London, comes along a rather annoying community of twittering birds that live outside our window.

I don't mind wildlife, no, I have been to many discos and felt like I was exploring the inner reaches of the Amazon basin, or even the outer rim of the rift valley, most likely the outer planets from Revenge of the Sith. But really, the thing is, in summer time here, it gets light now at about 3.30am. And there is only one place I like exploring at that hour.

So the birds tend to get up at about 3.00am and start hollering around the back garden like a bunch of chavs on holiday. I can just imagine their conversations now: (in bird)

"Oi Sharon, get us another beer would ja?"

"Get your own beer you lazy bastard. OI DARREN! GETCHA HEAD OUT OF THAT BIN."

Think of us, sleep deprived as we muddle through a summer of no air con and no cool drinks and 100 million tourists with those pesky bags on wheels.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home